The average human body has in excess of 200 joints. The joints that we are most familiar with are those that allow movement at the point where two bones meet. Not all joints are like this, for example, the skull has many fixed joints. But the reason we are most familiar with these moving joints is perhaps because they can start to cause us the most problems as we age.
The most well known joint condition is arthritis, which causes joint pain and stiffness. We also link the ageing process with weak and stiff joints. While we commonly associate this type of joint discomfort as a problem experienced exclusively by older people, this isn’t always the case. Poor posture and long periods of sitting, and untreated injuries can also affect your joints earlier on in life too.
Can exercise help keep my joints healthy?
There is a proven positive relationship between gentle exercise and joint health. Exercise can help to keep joints supple and to alleviate the symptoms of joint pain. The action of gentle exercise will strengthen the supporting muscles and ligaments around your joints and help with maintaining their flexibility. It’s important to choose the right type of exercise to help your joints. Weight bearing exercise is preferable, but you should also be wary of running if you have knee or ankle joint problems.
It is always advisable to get a customised exercise programme from a physiotherapist or personal trainer, to ensure you strengthen your body correctly and don’t create any further injury due to incorrect technique, for example.
Can my diet make a difference to joint pain?
There is a great deal of information available about different diets that could help alleviate joint pain and help keep your joints healthy. It is true that certain foods will provide vital nutrients for joint and bone health, but the Anti-Inflammatory Diet that has been publicised has no scientific backing as a whole dietary plan.
Foods that can help with strengthening and healing joints are:
- Leafy green vegetables such as broccoli, kale, spinach, cabbage and cauliflower, which are high in antioxidants
- Citrus fruits which are high in Vitamin C
- Whole grains which lower the C-reactive protein levels in the blood, which cause inflammation
While a balanced and varied diet is a great way to get most of the nutrients your joints need for continued health, it is also wise to consider taking an additional bone and joint supplement, like Joint Vie, from Vegetology.
What Is Joint Vie?
Vegetology created Joint Vie as the result of extensive research into key active ingredients for cartilage, muscle and bone health and is ideal for those with an active lifestyle, or for later in life. It is also suitable for vegan nutrition, as it contains no animal products or derivatives.
Why Choose Joint Vie?
At Vegetology we are passionate about harnessing the power of nature for health. That’s why we have created a bone and joint supplement with an advanced formula that is packed with powerful active ingredients. We use the highest purity ingredients to ensure a top performance formula for Joint Vie.
As with all of our supplements, Joint Vie is also approved by the Vegan Society and Vegetarian Society, making it a great part of vegan nutrition and a sustainable and planet-friendly supplement for joints.
What is in Vegetology Joint Vie? (And why?)
Joint Vie contains a bone and joint supplement with a powerful combination of active ingredients. We understand that to get the best out of ingredients sometimes we need to combine them with others, to be most effective.
- Glucosamine and Phytodroitin - you may be used to seeing bone and joint supplements that combine glucosamine with Chondroitin. We have developed a plant-based alternative to Chondroitin (because it is often sourced from sharks) which is not only more sustainable and planet-friendly, but equally as effective.
- Calcium, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 - we all know that calcium is good for our bones. But did you know that getting the balance of calcium, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 right is really important in order to enjoy the full benefits from calcium? In fact, without this balance, calcium alone can cause deposits in your arteries. Vitamin K2 stops this calcification and Vitamin D3 helps with absorption into the blood. That's why we’ve got a delicate balance of the three in the Joint Vie formula.
- Vitamin C - this contributes to normal collagen formation, which is essential for the normal function of bones and cartilage. It is also an antioxidant so can help to prevent and alleviate inflammation.
- Magnesium - this contributes to your electrolyte balance, normal muscle function and helps to maintain normal bones.
What difference will taking Joint Vie make?
The clue is in the name - Joint Vie is designed to supplement a healthy diet and lifestyle with regular exercise. If you are using it in this way you will start to see the difference in joints and in later life. As with any supplement or lifestyle change, it will take some time to build up in your system to see the full effects.
Why choose Vegetology?
We have built a solid reputation based on our ethical approach to developing supplements for everyone.
We focus on:
- Creating high quality formulas that truly benefit individuals
- Using science to harness the power of nature to produce plant-based alternatives
- Putting sustainability at the heart of what we do - in everything from the way we develop our ingredients to the small eco footprint we have in terms of production
- Working with the Vegan Society and Vegetarian Society to produce supplements that are plant-based
- Making UK made and sourced supplements that will be suitable for everyone
Don’t just take our word for it… here’s an independent review of Vegetoloy’s Joint Vie.
Why Not Place Your First Order Today?
We have great offers on our website so why not stock up on Joint Vie today. Check out our bundle offers for great savings when you buy more than one product.
Choosing to order a supplement is an investment in you and your future joint health, which is always an investment worth making!